Jett Fein – Venture Capitalist
Jett Fein is a venture capitalist who invests in early-stage consumer technology companies. He is particularly interested in the next generation of consumer brands across online marketplaces, e-commerce and retail technology.
His investments range across supply chain management, e-commerce, developer tools, enterprise software, digital media, mobile, SaaS and big data.
About Jett Fein
Jett Fein is a venture capitalist who invests in early-stage consumer technology companies. He is particularly interested in the next generation of consumer brands across online marketplaces, e-commerce and retail technology. His investments range across supply chain management, e-commerce, developer tools, enterprise software, digital media, mobile, SaaS and big data.
Since 2014, Fein has been the Principal at e.ventures, an international venture capital company known for investing in global giants such as Groupon, RealReal, Farfetch, App Annie and others. An excellent relationship builder, Fein is known as a personable and knowledgeable person and for his skills in venture capital and business strategy.
Jett Fein achieved a BA degree at Stanford University in 2010 and a JD degree at UC Berkeley School of Law in 2014. Before starting at e.ventures, Jett Fein worked at Li & Fung Limited’s venture capital arm Fung Capital. He also worked at Palantir Technologies and at Cambridge Associates.
After completing his education in the United States, Jett Fein started working locally. He spent several years gaining invaluable experience in the technology industry before becoming entrenched in investment at Fung Capital. While many of Fein’s vested interests are located in the United States, he has also made investments abroad in companies located in the United Kingdom and Russia.
Through e.ventures, Jett Fein has made several major investments. In February 2018 he led the investment in Honeycomb during Series A funding round. Founded in 2016 Honeycomb is a SaaS company based in San Francisco that has developed an analytics tool for distributed systems, databases and microservices. In April 2018 Fein and e.ventures joined the Venture Round of Copa90, a broadcasting company located in the United Kingdom known as the voice of football fans around the world. In May 2018 e.ventures became the lead investor in the Seed Round of NomNomNow Inc. in which a total of US$3 million was raised. NomNomNow Inc. is a California-based pet food delivery service that offers fresh, human-grade meals for cats and dogs. Other major investments include:
- AppAnnie – A San Francisco-based mobile analytics company that developed a platform that provides app analytics.
- Ozon.ru – Located in Moscow, Ozon.ru is a popular Russian e-commerce site where customers can purchase electronics, household appliances, home and garden products, children’s products and more.
- Shutl – A London-based SaaS company offering branded delivery options from retailers to shoppers.
- YuMe – A multi-screen video advertising company providing digital video brand advertising solutions.
- Groupon – Located in Chicago, Groupon is a digital retail discount platform offering daily deals on entertainment, meals and retail items in 45 countries around the world.
- Daily Secret – A New York-based digital media brand dedicated to audiences around the world bringing hidden restaurants, exclusive events and more to subscribers.
In February 2018 Finsmes reported that Honeycomb raised US$11.5 million during its Series A funding round. Jett Fein and e.ventures lead the funding round along with existing investor Storm Ventures and new investors Merian Ventures and NextWorld Capital. SportsPro reported on Copa90’s owner Bigballs Media securing as much as US$10.6 million in funding from e.ventures and Liberty Global.